Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Sony E3 Press Conference

God of War IIIImage by Hunter X via Flickr

This is a couple of weeks late because I just started this blog. At any rate, the show was definitely filled with great content as you can easily see for yourself at G4tv.com. Sorry, I didn't take pics. I forgot to charge my cell and it died before I even entered. I did keep the wristband, the flashdrive -- you'll learn about the flashdrive near the end -- and a Playstation branded water bottle, but they don't make for interesting pics.

I'm just a Joe Gamer so attending the conference seemed unreal. I was given the chance to mingle with gaming industry icons from developers to journalists thanks to an invitation from Sony through my PSN acount via email (link leads to the email received) . I suppose I was randomly chosen though it could be that I was chosen because I live in LA.

After I RSVPed, I received another email with an affidavit attached. I had to get the affidavit notarized, fax it, then present it at the entrance. So I did just that, got my wristband, and enjoyed some refreshments until the show began. There were some PS3 kiosks but the games playable had already been released.
.

X-Play at Halo 3 launchImage by MarmotChaser via Flickr


After the show, I saw G4's God of War III Preview being filmed. I come out in the vid. I'm the guy with long hair and white and brown wide striped shirt at the left edge of the screen. I'm barely visible and very briefly appear. I couldn't recognize myself at first, but the later profile view cleared that up.

One thing I thought was kind of funny that I'd like to point out was when Adam Sessler pulled cigarette out of nowhere and shoved it into his mouth. It happened outside the Auditorium as he relaxed for a few minutes before having to return to the convention center. I'm not sure what it was, but something about the movement and the fact that Adam is short and thin and non-threatening was a bit comical.

I didn't introduce myself to any of these guys. I thought that simply introducing myself was too douchey and I didn't really have any questions for them except for one that someone else had already asked. And that's regarding the motion controllers. Unfortunately, Adam and Kevin responded conservatively by stating the focus of each of the big three's motion controller. Kevin however did say that as of that moment he believed that Sony had shown the best motion controller. I agree. Precision makes for great hardcore gaming and neither Microsoft nor Nintendo can offer the same level of precision.

Lastly, I found a flash drive that contained G4 scripts. I've already returned the files via email. However, the flash drive is still in my possession. I hope I get to keep it. It makes a great memento and it attaches to my key chain.






Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment