Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summer

Venice Beach and BoardwalkImage via Wikipedia

It's summer again. I won't be attending school this summer so I'm not sure what my day will be like. The past couple of summers have been underwhelming and that's very unfortunate if you consider that I live in Los Angeles. There are so many places right here that I've yet to visit.I'd like to revisit Venice Beach. I've only been there once. I had fun just walking down that famous Boardwalk and looking at all the performers and artists out there. They have everything from sand sculpting to caricatures, a one man band, a guy who walks on glass, and a loud Jamaican with a mic who gets in everyone's business.Speaking of the Jamaican guy, he got in my business. I called my brother who was falling behind and told him to hurry up. The guy yelled out "You're going take that from him. Don't let him boss you around, man.", or something like that. It's been a few years.

I'd like the visit the Getty Center for the first time. I saw it on a PBS documentary. The film focused solely on the outer garden of the museum and that itself was enough to get me interested in visiting. I seriously doubt I'll be visiting though, for whatever reason.

San Pedro does have a Boardwalk of its own, but its still very much under construction. There aren't many stands -- just two at the very end. I'm sure it'll develop into something great, but it's going to be a while.

I may well go to San Diego to visit some relatives. And I do know I'll be camping at some lake or something. I'm not arranging the trip so I'm not sure about the details. It sounds like it's going to be a decent summer.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

No comments:

Post a Comment